The virus does not spread easily between people and the risk to the UK population is low. UKHSA health protection teams are contacting people considered to be high-risk contacts of confirmed cases and are advising those who have been risk assessed and remain well to isolate at home for up to 21 days. In addition, UKHSA has purchased supplies of a safe smallpox vaccine and this is being offered to identified close contacts of someone diagnosed with monkeypox to reduce the risk of symptomatic infection and severe illness. If you have a rash with blisters, or any other monkeypox symptoms, don’t go to events, meet with friends or have sexual contact.
Anyone can get monkeypox, particularly if you have had close contact, including sexual contact, with an individual with symptoms. People who are gay or bisexual and men who have sex with men remain disproportionately ianforsythphotographer.com affected. UKHSA is working closely with partners across the country, including event organisers and venues, to raise public awareness of monkeypox symptoms so everyone has a safe, happy and healthy summer.
Health leaders urge people to look after themselves and each other during the extreme temperatures
Check if your road is on a gritting route and when it was last gritted Sign up to receive email alerts for the latest updates on snow in Derbyshire. The official UK government website for data and insights on coronavirus (COVID-19). The Easter holidays are the perfect time for adventures, laughter and enjoyable activities with the whole family.
- UKHSA is working closely with the NHS and other stakeholders to urgently investigate where and how recent confirmed monkeypox cases were acquired, including how they may be linked to each other.
- A breakdown of cases by upper tier local authority has also been published today.
- A further epidemiological update on the current outbreak using data up to 30 May has been published.
- Investigations are underway to establish links between the latest 4 cases, who all appear to have been infected in London.
- A rash can develop, often beginning on the face, then spreading to other parts of the body including the genitals.
- The NHS is already contacting those eligible for the vaccine, and I would urge people to take up the offer as soon as they are contacted.
If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. Marko Arnautovic is under consideration as a possible signing by Man United in what is in danger of becoming another farcical transfer window for the club. Man United remain in the hunt to sign Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong ahead of the transfer window closing. Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is the latest midfielder of interest to Man United in the summer transfer window.
BBC News UK
If you have a rash or blisters, stay at home, phone a sexual health clinic, and get tested. Please be vigilant for any monkeypox symptoms in the coming weeks – especially if you are having sex with someone new. The evidence relating to the transmission of monkeypox through semen is limited at the present time. In line with the World Health Organization’s guidance, UKHSA is now advising people to use condoms for 12 weeks after infection.